Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bats About Baseball by Jean Little & Claire Mackay


I grew up on sports. I love watching them, playing them, even reading about them. That's why I chose the book, Bats About Baseball by Jean Little & Claire Mackay. I don't know exactly what I was imagining this book to be about; maybe a grandma and her grandson sharing a passion for the game of baseball, or maybe a grandma taking her grandson to his first major league ballpark. One thing I was not expecting was this book to be such a fun read. On several occasions I noticed myself giggling to the text. It was witty and cleverly written and illustrated.
Once the baseball season starts for Nana, it's hard to get her to talk about anything else. As her grandson Ryder comes over to visit he wants to talk to Nana about important things like... what he will be when he grows up. However, Nana is so wrapped up in her baseball game that Ryder feels like she isn't listening to her... or is she?

No comments:

Post a Comment