Monday, March 9, 2009

Salt in His Shoe: Michael Jordan in Pursuit of a Dream, by Deloris Jordan with Roslyn M. Jordan


I was assigned a reading buddy for one of my classes this semester. He is a very energetic little boy who loves everything to do with sports, especially football and basketball. I researched a few books and the curriculum lab and came across one that I knew not only he would enjoy, but I would too. I grew up in a basketball household. Of course the Hawkeyes were our favorite team, but not too far behind were the Chicago Bulls. Now my favorite player of all time is Scottie Pippen, but come-on… how could you not love Michael Jordan! I actually read a book in high school about Michael’s life and found it very interesting, so when I discovered a picture book about him, I knew I had to check it out.
I was not disappointed in the reading of this book. The story was fun to read and it had a great message to all children, (aspiring to be basketball players or not) that patience, determination, and hard work can take you places. The illustrations in this book were also very impressive. I felt like I was sitting in the Jordan’s kitchen or on the playground with all the kids – very life-like. I would recommend this book anyone to read… not just sports fans and will definitely have a copy of it in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment